ARROW OF LIGHT
The AOL program is for children in 5th grade. This is a continuation of the Webelos program and culminates in the highest award that a person can earn in cub scouts. These scouts typically do a half year and then transition to Scouts BSA.
Atlanta Scout Shop
1800 Circle 75 Pkwy, Atlanta, GA 30339
Your scout will be encouraged to wear their uniform appropriately. The shirt should be tucked in and orderly. Our scouts understand the importance of representing BSA while in uniform
- Scout socks
- Scout pants/shorts
First graders, and anyone beyond that grade who is new to Cub Scouting, completes the Bobcat Badge prior to working on their grade-specific badge of rank.
- Learn and say the Scout Oath, with help if needed.
- Learn and say the Scout Law, with help if needed.
- Show the Cub Scout sign. Tell what it means.
- Show the Cub Scout handshake. Tell what it means.
- Say the Cub Scout motto. Tell what it means.
- Show the Cub Scout salute. Tell what it means.
- With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide
1. Be an active member of your Webelos den for 6 months since completing the 4th grade or for at least 6 months since becoming 10 years old.
2. Complete each of the 4 required adventures and at least one elective of your choosing.3. With your parent, guardian or caring adult, complete the exercises in the pamphlet entitled How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent's Guide
4. Earn the Cyber Chip award for your age or earn the Protect Yourself Rules Preview Adventure for Webelos
Elective Adventures (Webelos & AOL share electives)
Rob Eldred - AOL Den Leader
Rob enjoys the scouting adventure with his son Aiden, and enjoys the outdoors in his free time.