Bears are for children in 3rd grade. The Bear program focuses on growing outdoor skills & knowledge as well as continued learning in essential scouting skills and values.
Atlanta Scout Shop
1800 Circle 75 Pkwy, Atlanta, GA 30339
Your scout will be encouraged to wear their uniform appropriately. The shirt should be tucked in and orderly. Our scouts understand the importance of representing BSA while in uniform
- Cub socks
- Cub pants/shorts
First graders, and anyone beyond that grade who is new to Cub Scouting, completes the Bobcat Badge prior to working on their grade-specific badge of rank.
- Learn and say the Scout Oath, with help if needed.
- Learn and say the Scout Law, with help if needed.
- Show the Cub Scout sign. Tell what it means.
- Show the Cub Scout handshake. Tell what it means.
- Say the Cub Scout motto. Tell what it means.
- Show the Cub Scout salute. Tell what it means.
- With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide
1. Bears complete 6 core adventures and choose 1 elective of their choosing2. With your parent, guardian or caring adult, complete the exercises in the pamphlet entitled How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent's Guide
3. Earn the Cyber Chip award for your age or earn the Protect Yourself Rules Preview Adventure for Bears
Dzan Ta - Bear Den Leader
Dzan is our Bear den leader and resident photographer. He is also involved in the leadership at Troop 002, also based out of Legacy Park.